Saturday, April 18, 2009

Planning

I always forget to buy something for low carb life.

It does take planning. Since I eat lots of eggs, they are constantly in demand, but I also use the egg substitute, and am finding more low fat cheeses these days. But it has to be in the fridge to be useful.

I'm also roasting larger numbers of chicken breasts for lunches and snacks. With gardening season almost upon us here in Western Canada (we plant end of May with luck) I'm going to grow lettuce this year, so lots of salads.

Always planning. Planting some herbs as well, as mint and dill are always welcome in salads. My kids are even following low carb and sometimes my daughter phones and asks me what she should eat in restaurants, and I tell her "meat, salad and vegetables!".

It can be done. Thinking and planning.

No comments: