Monday, May 4, 2009

Eating Wrong

I've been off the wagon a few weeks, and the worst part is, I knew I was doing it the whole time.

I could blame hormones or whatever, but I just lost my focus. We have been cutting down a bit on our calorie and fat intake, and using more plant based foods. My husband has of course lost another five pounds. Now I need to get back on the train, and regain my focus.

We no longer make such a big deal about evening meals. I think evening meals are the downfall of society. We make a big fuss over supper, claiming big hunger after a long day of work. I now suggest that we should fuel our bodies for the day while we are "working hard", if many of us do that anymore. Are there a lot of big fat ditch diggers? I don't think so. I think the problem has been that we have a food worship society that is left over from our agrarian roots, where having food was cause for celebration.

My husband and I often have low fat cottage cheese, hummus with vegetables, a salad of some sort (there are so many interesting recipes that are low carb) and some fruit. we do eat dark chocolate. So dinner has to correspond with what we are planning for the evening. No big roast, potatoes and pie if we have a fairly low key evening. Which most of them are.

I suggest everyone eat a big breakfast, a good size lunch, and reasonable snacks with a small dinner. So much more reasonable for the modern lifestyle. And always, low carb.

No comments: